Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So I had a workers supper on monday night. get this.
There were fried chicked wings for appetizers, then we sat down, and had a large salad, and a big bowl of fruit. By then I was almost full. Then came the main course of steak, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, and a good-sized platter of boiled shrimp. Oh yeah and then there was pie afterwards. No thanx. And i had like four goblets, three forks, two spoons, a knife, and four plates and saucers. People couldnt even eat everything. It was so sick. Like the food was good but I kept thinking of orphans in Somalia and lepers in Calcutta, starving to death when here we are throwing food away and praying for the poor people. and it almost took my appetite away. whats worse i was eating at a restaurant owned by a wealthy conservative mennonite. so yeah. that was weird.

but Im thankful for a job, two jobs in fact, when some have none.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah, it is disturbing. I'd rather be so deeply disturbed I couldn't function well in this environment than accept this insanity as inevitable.

Keep thinking & writing! :)

Carson Kauffman said...

Yeah, thats just a bit disturbing. I mean like.....wow. I think i wanna move to iraq....