Friday, September 5, 2008

hey everyone.
I was at market today... I wanna take the camera along sometime and get some pics of where i work.
Everybody else is at a ballgame tonight. I was too tired so I didnt (surprise surprise).
I like drunkies. This dude at market was so out of it he could have sang the star spangled banner backwards without too much trouble. gotta love it. or maybe not.
Im handraising two more cockatiels right now. Thats really fun.
I made some tea so I am gonna enjoy the solitude with my guitar. Amazing what that does to unwind you after a long day.

Quotes: "If John Mccain wins [sic] its gonna be because alot of people were praying" (!!!!! um, no commment)
"I'm going to vote for my dad."

I wonder...
I wonder why we as Mennonites lean towards Republicans. Take this election for instance. Some of us support Mccain because he is pro-life and all that (read quote #1 above) and criticize Obama because he would allow abortion/gay marriage etc.. But Mccain wants to stay in the middle east "for a hundred years or more," killing loads and loads of innocent (and not-so-innocent) people. It makes you wonder who is really pro- life ya know?! its practically impossible to consistently support one or the other. Kinda makes you have doubts about where we are as "Christians." Take that for what its worth. hopefully you can understand it.

oh and if you ever want something interesting to do, start a conversation about politics with a five or six year old Amish boy. might surprise you.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand

peace brothers,
conrad

No comments: